Have you ever thought how a signal box works?
Our railway now offers a number of Signal Box Experiences
See how they work and have a go at controlling the locos & trains yourself.
We have half day sessions in our Embsay Station signal box
The experience will include:
- safety briefing
- introduction to the box, its levers and indicators
- get a loco on or off the train at the start or end of the day
- controlling the departure and arrival of at least two trains at Embsay Station
- and at Stoneacre the control of the passing of trains
- membership for 1 year
- certificate of participation
1 train day – 1 Box – AM or PM session £50 (PM summer season only)
Please note that due to the Covid-19 situation, we currently have quite a few Signal Box Experiences purchased and in a queue and waiting for a slot. However, we have uncertainties about when exactly we will reopen, and when we do re-open the timetable may be different to the timetable(s) previously advertised. So, for these reasons, if you do book a Signal Box Experience, please be aware that it may be a struggle to fit you into this year, and you may have to wait until 2021 to complete the experience.